Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Grampians Central (General) (General) [ Grampians Guide | Images ] 

Topic Date User
Mt Rosea access 22-Nov-2007 At 5:28:41 PM Dom
So many topics to cover here, great reply!

You talk as if you, or any of us, are paying a fair price to use the park Cruze. If you wanted the marginal cost of your usage covered then you'd be paying a fee to a private company to enter their park. Just extrapolate from the Summerday Valley ourcome and you'll appreciate what I'm talking about.

I'm sure they (PV) went to great lengths to inform themselves about possible positions which were open to to them (regarding to area closures). I can only assume that the closures of the Rosea area (and others) have been undertaken because of the legal risk which the PV would have to wear should they 'open the gates'. Why would they take the risk???

I think you do know about tracks... It seems to me that a number of chockstoners are prepared to take the risk themselves. I know I would (I'm going climbing in the gramps this weekend and would love to visit Rosea but I don't want to be the guy that fruges it for everyone, who knows, they might ban us if we stuff around here).

As for volunteering; I don't think it should be necessary, which is why I've recently been in contact with my local member about funding for our national parks... we pay those guys for a reason too...

There are 88 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints