Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
All NSW (General) (General) (General)  

Topic Date User
Dam Cliffs in the Bluies 19-Nov-2007 At 7:02:46 PM rhyso
in response, i agree i did technically breach the Clarence land owners (which i believe is the mines) and also city rails closure of the dam cliffs.
Being an avid canyoner also, i drove past the dam cliffs car park many times when heading to mount Tomah and surrounding areas. On seeing the extremely large contingent of cars at the car park i was led to believe it was somehow 'ok' for climbers to climb there.
I know I should have done my research after finding out how wrong i had been after speaking with the leader of the ASM group.
Anyway after practising my low impact climbing techniques and respect for the area (even though I was there wrongly) I left feeling sore, bruised but happy all at the same time :-)
I have not returned as I now know the aims of the landowners and respect their efforts. May I just say that its is good to see these forums are able to get a successful message out about crag closures and so on, and cheers for notifying everyone that the closure was the case.
Anyway there is my two bob. Dam cliffs are still hell fun and the DWS over the dam rocks socks. SO......when it is reopened I encourage everyone to check it out.
cheers
laters
rhyso

There are 27 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints