Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Buffalo Mackey's Lookout (General) (General) [ Mt Buffalo Guide | Images ] 

Topic Date User
Mackey's Lookout Approach 24-Nov-2016 At 11:55:31 AM Grinder

>
>I'll try and dig some old photos out over the next few days to refresh
>my memory and post something up. Hope that helps.
>

"Old photos?!$%!. Surely GFDonc could be providing precise GPS coordinates with an optimised route plan.

Seriously, phone technology and apps are good enough these days to be able to provide accurate enough GPS references to be able to navigate to and locate the base of a climb. Precisely locating a few key climbs as reference points on larger remoter cliffs would save a few people a lot of time and anxiety about whether they were starting in the right spot. It would be good selling point for a guidebook on obscure cliffs in the Grampians, eh GF!

For the large number of cliffs with phone reception you could make good use of this without even needing a separate device. I'd imagine most of Mt Buffalo would be in that category. Without phone reception a lot of people could still utilise their GPS sports watch before taking to the last resort of buying a small hand-held GPS for the price of a big cam.

The Crag does have the facility to add a location for each climb, but it would also be handy for other reasons to know if an area/location also has phone reception. I will try to remember to record these things next time I find myself a-hunting.

There are 11 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints