Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
All NSW (General) (General) (General)  

Topic Date User
Browns Road Sydney - Call for history and info 2-Sep-2014 At 10:36:51 AM BlankSlab
Just touching base hear and wondering if anyone has any knowledge of who may have bolted the two sport lines in the cave near the turning circle on the road?

Also any idea who did the original routes TCFTH. It has two fixed hangers that look like 1/2" bolts with 3/16" plate hangers. I'm replacing these two hangers with new rings and adding anchors to the top of this face. Looks like a nice run out to the second hanger but it certainly adds some spice to it.

There is also a line on the left end of the slab. I rapped in and checked, did the moves on top rope but cant see how its protected. There is a single bash in about 4m off the deck and the next piece is another 4-5m on a diagonal traverse to a horizontal. I think its ground fall potential. The line is actually rather nice mixed route but i would like to find some info on it as i would like to add an additional hanger about 2-3m along the traverse and still maintain its mixed style.

Note i have added a direct mixed line that uses the 1st bolt and goes straight up rather then the original traverse.Good technical slab climbing.

Would be interested if anyone who has commented in this topic has actually ventured to this area of the cliff line as it is a fair way from the courtyard? And if you have climbed the lines? There is two reasonably nice cracks down here also that will be nice to climb again this year.

I recently equipped some mixed lines on a lower cliff a while ago that are easier. They seem to be seeing decent traffic. Nice to see people appreciating easier mixed lines over the usual Sydney sport.

There are 12 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints