Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Grampians Halls Gap The Watchtower (General) [ Watchtower Guide | Images ] 

Topic Date User
Watchtower new bolted line. 13-Apr-2014 At 8:38:17 PM rhysd85
Wendy, I tell you who does care. The people who call the grampians their home, the guides who have taken groups to the same area for 10 years trying their best to keep it clean and beautiful, the locals who want to show off the beauty of the grampians to their visiting friends and family.

Come on mate, these claims may sound unsubstantiated to you but how about giving someone the benefit of the doubt. You seem to think the worst about climbers, people, this silent majority. I can tell you that I was at the Watchtower a day or two after these bolts went in at appox 8.30pm after work one day with 8 or so other locals. We had been going back most nights to train. It was above 35 mot days. Everyone who was their was disappointed to see the new bolts, the addition to jugular pulse and the pile of rocks in the eroding gully underneath the new route. It was fine the week before and now even uglier, The week before there was a discussion on beginning talks with the local businesses about how to fix some erosion and giving a few spots a break. I was there (as were many others) on the recent Vic range track care day, I've seen climbers at Bundaleer rubbing their tick marks away. I can tell you that people do care, and do act.

Climbers do care, maybe not all of them but the climbers i know, who live and work in the grampians care about their home. Not just for them as climbers but for their neighbours who walk, work, bird watch, cycle in their home.

Yes the watch tower is scrappier than the beautiful Taipan, Muline, Gallery, Eureka, Bundaleer. The watchtower is also a haven for the two months of 35 plus degree days over summer, a place to take your non-climbing friends to show them how great it is the activity you pursue. It may be scrappy to you, but for many others it is an enjoyable place.

I personally take offence to some of your views and your prejudice attitude toward climbers. Do you care about the environment? Do you drive around gates, do you make short cuts, do you leave your rubbish behind. I'm guessing not. So have some faith in others. Your naysaying attitude is not needed. This discussion began with someones view of an issue and his plan to ammend it. An action on behalf of a larger group who use the area and the park weekly and daily.

I mean no offence to you personally i am sure your a great person but on issues that are obviously important to other people what is the point of weighing in with this negative view.

There are 84 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints