HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Arapiles (General) (General) (General) [ Arapiles Guide | Arapiles Images ] 

Topic Date User
Flinders Lane rap anchor (Araps) 3-Apr-2012 At 5:07:36 PM jezza
Ha, like anything would 'work'. I started this thread 'cause I was surprised there wasn't an anchor there and wanted to know why. Did you figure I was hoping someone would say 'Hey that's a great suggestion, let's do it'? Chockie's not like that. It's about washed out old dudes taking the crap out of each other, with some videos thrown in from time to time. :)

>Actually convenience, safety and erosion prevention are all jumbled in
>together.
Agreed, probably the wisest thing anyone's said on this thread.

>You could argue for a rap anchor from Flinders Lane to help reduce
>traffic down the track below Ali's but you seem to have gone the dummy-spit
>instead.
An anchor would help with erosion in several places on Flinders Lane, the cave, Alis, Fang, Bard, and down the bottom of Tiger. Your party would only have to make one trip along Tiger, not two. Na haven't spat the dummy, honestly. Just curious about why there wasn't an anchor there.

>As some of us have pointed out there are some problems with your suggested
>route. These are mainly related to the impact on one of Arapiles classic
>climbs, Kestrel. Turning it into a descent route, and one with rockfall
>potential at that, isn't acceptable.
I don't know if I agree with that, though maybe you're right. It'd have much more effect on Skylark and Skylark Direct. The rocks could get moved out of the way. There's also an anchor on Good, Bad and Ugly and another at the end of Marbuck that could (possibly) be used instead of the one of Kestral/Skylark.

There are 54 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints