Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
All NSW (General) (General) (General)  

Topic Date User
The Domain Sydney 30-Nov-2011 At 2:04:58 PM cogsy

>Listen, [personal abuse deleted by Chockstone Moderator], everyone else is trying to explain the facts of life to you without making you feel bad about doing stupid things. Its clearly not getting through, so I'm happy to expain it my way.

>There have been a bunch of very motivated, very talented, and very desperate climbers scouring sydney for rock since the 60's. Do you think they somehow failed to notice the outcrops at a famous tourist location, 5 mins walk from the city? No, of course not! Every sydney climber who's ever gone exploring has checked out that stuff.......including me, and I lived there for less than 6 months and my favorite pastime is hanging shit on boulderers.

>So, either you're a whole lot smarter than everyone who's ever climbed in sydney, or you're [personal abuse deleted by Chockstone Moderator] and have absolutely no consideration for the discretion required when dealing with land managers.

>That grunder you're all excited about is utter garbage, which wouldn't be worth climbing on even if there weren't concerns about getting the parks people shitty. But, added to that, you're going to risk souring relations and possibly making access to actual good climbing more difficult.

>It is stupid, and selfish, [edit plus personal abuse deleted by Chockstone Moderator] Is that more helpful than the other responses?

Come on, Damien... get over yourself. I think this is the sort of thing which should be moderated. Pretty much straight personal abuse. Surely it's time ODH had a little time in detention, eh, Mods?

On an extra note. I have recently been involved in a case of internet bullying, and ODH's comment would fit right in that category. The only difference in this case I was involved in was that the perpetrators were 13 year-olds.

There are 28 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints