All NSW (General) (General) (General)  

Topic Date User
new nowra guide badly produced 6-Jun-2011 At 9:30:39 AM RNM
>Anyway most of your so called racist names are not actually racists

>...just
>becuase its sounds like its racist, dosnt mean it is

Wait for it....

>if you understand
>the context of the name in the first place.

Exactly the point!

The point is that very few people know the context. Unless the guide has an explanation beside each name explaining the context (eg; Jimmy was high on drugs and picking his nose, and listening to NWA on the way to the crag, etc etc), then the reader can only take it at face value.

'Sperm Bitches' conjures images of guys getting laid with easy women, and thinking of them as bitches who are reduced to receptacles for the guys sperm.

I am sure if I had been there at the time I would think it was hilarious, and sure I've listened to Gangster Rap.... but I wasn't there, and the context isn't Compton, and the name just seems crass and degrading to women.

As an aside, I think that the word nigger is racist in any context (from memory, most of my old NWA tapes etc came with an 'R' rating).

There are 137 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints