HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Arapiles (General) (General) (General) [ Arapiles Guide | Arapiles Images ] 

Author
Arapiles - Bore Water

dave h.
15-Mar-2011
12:28:13 AM

Is it still best to BYO water from Horsham?
(Or Nati if someone feels like letting us have 30L out of their tank).

This seems like a stupid question in view of the recent rain in the Wimmera.
pecheur
15-Mar-2011
7:23:25 AM
On 15/03/2011 dave h. wrote:
>
>Is it still best to BYO water from Horsham?
>(Or Nati if someone feels like letting us have 30L out of their tank).

Having just spent the last three days in the Pines and the water from the taps showing a distinct brown tinge even at an inch depth in my pots, I'd bring water for drinking / cooking. Or if you can be bothered, filter / sterilise. But if you coming in a car, just water.
Wendy
15-Mar-2011
7:41:22 AM
There are 2 large rainwater tanks in the campground. They will be very very full. I'd drink from them (ignore the do not drink sign, it's a conspiracy on behalf of water authorities to make people pay for their water). If you fill up from anyone's house in Nati, the drinking water is tank water so you may as well save yourself the trouble and get the tank water from the mount. If you actually want chlorinated, fluorinated water, the Nati supply is now connected to Horsham and the tap outside the toilet block opposite AMS will provide this.

Eduardo Slabofvic
15-Mar-2011
10:58:38 AM
I've been drinking from the one off the picnic shelter, and the water has a bit of a tang to it, but I am still alive to talk about it.

dave h.
15-Mar-2011
7:25:12 PM
Thanks guys, that's really helpful :)

We're going to have about 3 days for climbing (~2 driving to/from Sydney), so didn't want to have to muck around unnecessarily sorting water out.
widewetandslippery
16-Mar-2011
7:45:47 AM
On 15/03/2011 Eduardo Slabofvic. wrote:
>I've been drinking from the one off the picnic shelter, and the water has
>a bit of a tang to it, but I am still alive to talk about it.

I dicked that tap.
J.C.
16-Mar-2011
8:38:53 AM
you didnt even touch the sides dude..
and in other news, simon mentz has been spotted drinking bore water, which explains a lot *boom tish*

Eduardo Slabofvic
16-Mar-2011
9:46:14 AM
On 16/03/2011 widewetandslippery wrote:
>On 15/03/2011 Eduardo Slabofvic. wrote:
>>I've been drinking from the one off the picnic shelter, and the water
>has
>>a bit of a tang to it, but I am still alive to talk about it.
>
>I dicked that tap.

I eat a lot of yogurt.
satan
16-Mar-2011
4:00:52 PM
Ha ha. He told you it was yoghurt?

There are 9 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints