Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Eastern Teneriffe (General) (General) [ Teneriffe Guide ] 

Topic Date User
Claudia Rising 4-Jan-2011 At 7:58:37 PM Rolsen1
>Did this the other week with paz.
>
>What's the deal with the two cleaned streaks?
>
>There is a direct start which I assume goes under the roof and straight
>up meeting with the belay. Normal start begins further left, tends right
>then goes? In the guide picture of the 1st ascent, it seems the climber
>is heading into direct start territory above the roof, to far right to
>go up what I assume is the normal start.

It's been a few years since we've been there but I thought the photo was of the original line and the bit we reckon is the crux, just after the first travse where you need to step up and right?

There is a clean streak that goes straight up from the middle (memory) of the traverse and goes directly to the belay. The normal line starts left goes up for 3 metres traverses right for 4 or 5 goes up where the photo is, then turns slabby to head diagonally back left. I reckon the pitch is a ripper.

We didn't take gear for the second pitch and I ended up diving for the gully when the bolts ran out and I got scared.

>
>What we did was harder than 20....

I thought 20 is about right but it's always hard to tell with slabs.

There are 8 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints