Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - Crag & Route Beta

Crag & Route Beta

Area Location Sub Location Crag Links
VIC Buffalo Back Wall (General) The Second Cliff [ Mt Buffalo Guide | Images ] 

Topic Date User
Three Men and a Dyke (Don't Look Back) 25-Nov-2010 At 3:14:56 PM Mark R
Three Men and a Dyke is brilliant... one of the very best routes on the mountain and one of the best of its genre that Ive climbed anywhere. Its named dont look back for a reason... the crux is well above good gear (you would probably get about 7-10m of air depending on your belayer and rope)... but its way up there and I reckon safe if not a wee bit electrifying. I remember gear being good (if occasionally small) for the rest of the route and was absorbed rather than worried. Still... wouldnt advise it as a first 21! The route is a fair hike to get to but very worth it. Cant remember how many bolts it had when I did it Im afraid.

The above reply re retro is obviously fishing... but please dont be tempted. There are plenty of bolts that do need to be replaced on the mountain (like the scarily small numbers on A3 sport route... which probably make it more than A3 cos I dont reckon theyd hold if you ripped at the top... sure someone will prob disagree on that too. Theres also still plenty of very dodge old bolts around).

There are 11 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints