Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - For Sale

Buy and Sell Used Climbing Gear Please do not post retail SPAM.

Author
FOR SALE: Steel Woodie Frame. - Delivered!?
AndyCJ
3-Jun-2007
9:13:46 PM
I've got my woodie frame for sale here. It's made of steel, and it's a super strong setup. It is completely freestanding and could be setup in a smallish room without having to attach anything to the walls which would be good for flatting. It's also pretty easy to take apart and put up and can be done by 2 strong people.

It's the frame only part of the setup, because I've taken the boards off it to build an even bigger woodie in my new shed. For sale is the steel frame, the side boards that support the frame and some of the spare bolts that came off when I undid it all (some are a bit worn because they have come in and out of steel a few times now, but you should be able to reuse most of them)

I did a writeup on the woodie when I first build it, and my main man Ken put it up on his holds site WoodieWorx (top holds btw). So you can check out pictures and the writeup here:
http://woodieworx.com/rex.html

I'm after $200 for the frame and spare bolts. You'll need 3 x 19mm CD Ply sheets (round $95 each). 2 sheets make up the climbing surface, and another would need to be cut down to 300mm for the kickboard. You could probably do it a bit cheaper by skrimping on the kickboard. You will also need the t-nuts, and the holds. But still - the effort is really in the framework, so it's a good option I think.

I live in Castlemaine, so it's a bit of a drive for pickup, but the frame can be tied to a 6x4 trailer with decent rope and tiedowns.

If you're interested best hit me on andycjohnston@hotmail.com.

p.s. an update on the Rex Bennett article - my daughter is now 4, and as predicted, is quite close to climbing as hard as I do. Check out my diligent spotting-with-a-sandwich technique here.
AndyCJ
8-Jun-2007
2:16:24 PM
Also thought I'd add the dimensions of the woodie.

Dimensions are: 1700mm wide. 2280mm High. 2470mm Long. You'de also need to leave a bit of extra width for matresses. I found 2xdouble and 2xsingle was excellent for a double layer. Then I put carpet over the top of that. Very good landing even sideways.
Take!
14-Jun-2007
9:20:14 PM
Very cute. Love the beanie.
Warning: Your picture will bring on the wrath of the helmet proponents.
AndyCJ
17-Jun-2007
9:37:37 AM
That is a helmet. It's just made of wool.... coz I'm oldschool.
AndyCJ
25-Jul-2007
9:46:32 AM
Thought I'd bump this to see if anyone's keen on it? I've got another crazy plan to chop it up and build a pizza oven too.... but that seems a waste!

Also - Woodie masterclass - Get a holesaw and a stuff called Selleys Knead It.
http://www.selleys.com.au/Selleys-KneadIt-Multipurpose/default.aspx

Cut holes.... then mould yourself up some pockets - wicked stuff.

My main man Bryce told me so. If you're ever in north island NZ - check out the Wharepapa Outdoor Centre.
AndyCJ
26-Jun-2008
8:46:53 AM
I thought I'd bump this again... I've not been overly ambitious to move this frame... when you've got too much space then you can just store tons of old stuff forever! Plus I've got a new fixed woodie in my shed.

However, I'm keen to move it out - so I'm offering to strap it to my trailer and deliver it to Melbourne. I'm asking an extra $20 for delivery to your door!! $20 DELIVERY!!! Crazy!!?!

Check the top post for full info, and follow the link for picks.

Still on andycjohnston@hotmail.com for info/questions.

Cheers,
Andy

There are 6 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints