Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Gettin ya butt kicked at the gym! 14-Feb-2011 At 10:23:50 PM joycepg
I have climbed at Hardrock (city) once a week for the past few years. It's one block from work, so it works for me. But I noticed that whenever I climb at another gym, the grades for similar climbs at Hardrock seem lower. For example, I can haul myself up most 20-21 at Hardrock, but the odd one or two might take a few weeks of attempts. But at the two Sydney gyms I've tried, I could walk up any 22-24 they had.

The other thing I've noticed is that most climbs at Hardrock are 22 and below. And this seems to be realistically aligned to the physical ability of many of the climbers who visit, some of whom are pretty good. Whereas if you read the VCC guidebooks, about half the climbs are above 22. I was wondering why that was. Is it really the situation that about half the guidebooks contain climbs that could only be done by a very few elite? Or perhaps if I got out there, I might find they are more like the Sydney gyms' grades, and I could actually do them.

There are 58 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints