Topic Date User
undersized carrots at the county 12-Jan-2011 At 1:05:35 PM hangdog

>Ah, that explains why the Grose, Buffalo, Bungonia, Booroomba, Moonarie,
>The Bungles, The Vic ranges, and most of Tassie never got developed. It's
>because climbers from back then didn't like walking............but wait
>on, those crags did get developed!........which would mean that you're
>full of shit. Maybe you were part of a fruity crew who exclusively commuted
>to the crag by Landcruiser, but there were plenty of people with greater
>vision and motivation who were bashing in to crags a long time ago.

Ok I will take the bait.
Let’s break down your comments down.

1. The Grose has really only been developed in relatively recent times and a lot of the oldest routes are within a shout of the car park. And is hardly developed to same extent as any other classic bluies crag. Although it is getting more attention as each week goes by.
2. Isn’t there a road to the top of Buffalo? And most of the routes are below or around a tourist lookout or on pinnacles within a couple of hundred meters of a road. Unless you choose to walk in from the valley. I guess you would choose this option as driving up would be too fruity.
3. Bungonia is hardly developed to same extent as any sport or trad crag with easy access. Definitely hasn’t run out of new route potential. So hardly developed to the same degree as other developed crags
4.Booroomba hardly an epic approach. Although you may not have been on the planet long enough to remember when the crag was accessed via a different approach than what it is required now. A bit of a slog but not epic.
5.Moonarie Don’t know have never been there. But I guess if you love in SA and that’s the only crag you got then you walk.
6.See comments re Bungonia
7. Tassie developed!! It’s a state not a crag. And the developed areas are hardly death marches
Not sure what "fruity" is but I guess it means soft. Well smartarse originally the guy who owned the land cruiser had an old Cortina that used to get us into the Wolgan across the ford and up to the Coke ovens camp. People won’t remember the car unfortunately I do though. It does have a climb named after it though “Strange Car in Town”. Unfortunately the Cortina was a bit too fruity so he replaced it with a 1980s land cruiser to access crags. Apart from bashing down the Wolgan with it he also developed a little crag called Cosmic County and others. You might have heard of it since it is actually the purpose of the original post Oh he wrote a couple of guide books as well. I did notice that lot of other Fruity types hanging around with him. Soft guys like a fellow previously known as Claw. A fellow still known as crunch,a Giles a Kim and other fruity types who developed a large percentage of the crags that you enjoy strolling to.
If you had read my other post then would understand that I do realize it is difficult to generalize when describing climbers behavior however In the main most of the development takes place at crags that dont require a slog in.
Although in this case I think generalization is inappropriate when you describe someone who is full of shit. Because you would know.

There are 156 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints