Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
OT: Rebelious reopening of locked topic 26-Aug-2010 At 9:57:22 AM rolsen1
You need to consider that the Australian church is made of of white middle class people; luckily they have found (and twisted) some verses to back up their prejudices and discriminatory actions. The gospel preached by most mainstream churches in Australia is closer to Dr Phil than World Vision. By focusing on things that are irrelevant to their lives they can continue on and feel great about about their (Christian) lives without the inconvenience of changing their behaviours. Money? Give 10%, forget about the rich people not getting into heaven. Looking after the poor and disadvantaged? There is a (misquoted and taken out of context) verse for that as well "the poor will always be with us" Relationships, have as many as you want just don't shag outside of marriage and make sure if you're a bloke then its not with another bloke! Of course, for this we need to be really selectively about which verses we read so just take it on faith.

When I'm winding up my christian mates my favourite verse is from james (yes from the new testament) - "anyone who who knows the good he (or she) ought to do and doesn't do it sins" Christians just selectively quote from the bible, I don't think this is intentionally devious it just that most of them don't know it that well.

btw, most atheists are far more annoying, self righteous and use about as much logic as your typical christian.

There are 234 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints