ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Page 1 of 8. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 120 | 121 to 140 | 141 to 159
Author
O.T. - Climbing For Christ Australia

tonyj
4-May-2010
2:06:52 PM
Hi there everybody, just a quick intro for an international missionary group that has just started here in Oz.
We are a Christian organisation who enjoy the outdoors,through bushwalking,climbing & taking care of our patch of the enviroment.
Any questions ask away, I'm sure that there will be some.
Have a great day.
Peace
Tonyj
www.climbingforchrist.org
Wollemi
4-May-2010
2:27:31 PM
JOTD?

www.climbingforchrist.org - gets you closer to God...

Just a quick intro for an international citizen that happens to be a resident of Oz. I am an aetheist speaking for myself, but I am certain other like-minded individuals also enjoy the outdoors, through bushwalking, climbing & taking care of our patch of the environment without needing to talk about plate tectonics nor geological weathering processes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An aetheist was taking a walk through the woods. "What majestic trees! What powerful
rivers! What beautiful animals!" he said to himself. As he was walking alongside the river he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him. He turned to look. He saw a 7 foot grizzly charge towards him. He ran as fast as he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was closing in on him. He looked over his shoulder gain, and the bear was even closer. He tripped and fell on the ground. He rolled over to pick
himself up but saw the bear right on top of him, reaching for him with his left paw and raising his right paw to strike him. At that instant the Aetheist cried out: "Oh my God!..."

Time stopped. The bear froze. The forest was silent. As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky: "You deny my existence for all of these years, teach others I don't exist, and given credit for creation to a cosmic accident. Do you expect me to help you out of his predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?"

The aetheist looked directly into the light, "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask You to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps could you make the BEAR a Christian?" "Very well," said the voice. The light went out. The sounds of the forest resumed.

And then the bear dropped his right paw, brought both paws together and bowed his head and spoke: "Lord, bless this food, which I am about to receive from thy bounty through Christ our Lord Amen."

kuu
4-May-2010
2:37:58 PM
I have serious concerns about any religious organisation (in this case ClimbingForChrist) that maligns an alternative belief system with the following kind of "Special Report" that can be found on the Home Page of www.climbingforchrist.org

Sky Burial: Dancing with Death

By Gary Fallesen
Climbing For Christ president

The Hollywood-ization of Buddhism would have you believe that it is a religion of peace, love and virtues, caring for the earth and the creatures in it. “Buddhists look to a smiling Buddha seated on a lotus blossom, while Christians worship a suffering Jesus nailed to a cross,” one Christian analyst wrote.

But the dark side of Buddhism is found in its temples and monasteries, and in its sacred paintings, symbols, and ceremonies. Many have never seen these ominous signs, while others (such as 386 million Buddhists in the world) have been blinded to the lies.

In a temple in China, we stand before a 30-foot-tall Buddha statue. Over his shoulder, seemingly whispering in the Buddha’s ear is a small, hideous creature — painted red.

“The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.” (John 1:5)

voodoo
4-May-2010
3:07:53 PM
From the front page of the CFC website:
"The Climbing For Christ mission is to take the Gospel to those visiting or living in mountainous areas of the world where other missionaries cannot or will not go."

Missionaries pushing their irrational beliefs on others... hooray.

Eduardo Slabofvic
4-May-2010
3:12:37 PM
On 4/05/2010 voodoo wrote:
>Missionaries pushing their irrational beliefs on others... hooray.

What positions are these Missionaries taking?

......... ooh errrr!
ZERO
4-May-2010
3:18:53 PM
AS long as you don't go leaving Christian symbolism at the tops of routes, peaks, etc, as once happened when a christian youth group wanted to announce their presence at the top of Mt Bogong.

The logbook entry reads:
9/1/07, 9 members of the Knights of our Lady (KOOL) team en route from Falls Creek via Edmondson's Hut via T Spur on a mission to Mt Bogong to claim it and the State of Victoria for Christ, King of Australia, the world & the universe! We are carrying as cross (dismantled) to erect there - please respect and acknowledge the intentions and respect due to this symbol of ChristianSalvation.

The cross was about 3 metres high and embedded in the summit cairn.
Not what you want to see in the great outdoors

Winston Smith
4-May-2010
3:20:54 PM
"You gonna do some prayin' for me, boy. And you better pray real good."

GravityHound
4-May-2010
3:24:06 PM
On 4/05/2010 tonyj wrote:
>Hi there everybody, just a quick intro for an international missionary
>group that has just started here in Oz.
>We are a Christian organisation who enjoy the outdoors,through bushwalking,climbing
>& taking care of our patch of the enviroment.
>Any questions ask away, I'm sure that there will be some.
>Have a great day.
>Peace
>Tonyj
>www.climbingforchrist.org

This is how I feel about Christians shoving their belief systems onto people with other beliefs in other countries

ajfclark
4-May-2010
3:24:43 PM
Hey, his name is Tony too... What is it with Tony threads and submarines?

Eduardo Slabofvic
4-May-2010
3:28:17 PM
On 4/05/2010 kayakerSteve wrote:
>AS long as you don't go leaving Christian symbolism at the tops of routes,

Don't say that! There are heaps of routes where the descent is rapping off some christian icon of some description. Where would you atheists be then.... eh?
ZERO
4-May-2010
3:31:35 PM
i AGREE. The Holy Grail is an excellent rap anchor.

..::- Chris -::..
4-May-2010
3:36:30 PM
All of you non beleivers....comedians...

You won't be laughing when your hit by a bolt of lightening next time your half way up tiger wall.....

Jesus is the only climber to onsight grade 42 (11c)

show some respect..... ; )

Eduardo Slabofvic
4-May-2010
3:36:51 PM
On 4/05/2010 kayakerSteve wrote:
>i AGREE. The Holy Grail is an excellent rap anchor.

No you DON'T.

kuu
4-May-2010
3:39:25 PM
On 4/05/2010 ..::- Chris -::.. wrote:
>
>Jesus is the only climber to onsight grade 42 (11c)
>

(Let me be the first) Yeh, but what's he done on Grit?

GravityHound
4-May-2010
3:39:35 PM
>All of you non beleivers....comedians...
>
>You won't be laughing when your hit by a bolt of lightening next time
>your half way up tiger wall.....
>
>Jesus is the only climber to onsight grade 42 (11c)
>
>show some respect..... ; )

I could do with some lightening up when on climbs. Pretty unfit so need all the help I can getting to the top.

4-May-2010
3:42:43 PM
On 4/05/2010 GravityHound wrote:
>On 4/05/2010 ..::- Chris -::.. wrote:
>>All of you non beleivers....comedians...
>>
>>You won't be laughing when your hit by a bolt of lightening next time
>>your half way up tiger wall.....
>>
>>Jesus is the only climber to onsight grade 42 (11c)
>>
>>show some respect..... ; )
>
>I could do with some lightening up when on climbs. Pretty unfit so need
>all the help I can getting to the top.

I'm seeing the J-MAN tonight so i'll have a chat and see what he can do.....

Have you had any experence as an alter-boy (this may go a long way with the j-man ; )

4-May-2010
3:44:28 PM
On 4/05/2010 kuu wrote:
>>
>>Jesus is the only climber to onsight grade 42 (11c)
>>
>
>(Let me be the first) Yeh, but what's he done on Grit?

Jesus is above Grit... Mosis is your grit man.....last i heard he was working "walking on water" 9c E14 but was consuming to much wine before hand....

OK I'll stop now....

GravityHound
4-May-2010
3:44:29 PM

>
>Have you had any experence as an alter-boy (this may go a long way with
>the j-man ; )

negatory on that one. both parents were fundamentalist athiests. said the lords prayer before i went to bed one night an got my mouth washed out with soap.

4-May-2010
3:49:27 PM
On 4/05/2010 GravityHound wrote:
>
>>
>>Have you had any experence as an alter-boy (this may go a long way with
>>the j-man ; )
>
>negatory on that one. both parents were fundamentalist athiests. said
>the lords prayer before i went to bed one night an got my mouth washed
>out with soap.

; )
so it was just big bang theory and joints for you then....... no alter-boy action....

You're missing out.... I swing both ways... Athiest by day and I must admit I do enjoy the action / excitement side of the catholic church plus i'm dog ugly so part time alter-boy has it's fringe benifits...

tonyj
4-May-2010
3:56:16 PM
I didn't mean for this to be a " Bag Out The Christian " topic, it was just to let people know who might be interested that the group is there. As to forcing views on people its no different to what is happening here now, there seems to be alot of veiws forced currently. If you don't agree with the message thats fine,each to their own.Just a question if you have such a problem with it why have you visited the site?

Page 1 of 8. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 40 | 41 to 60 | 61 to 80 | 81 to 100 | 101 to 120 | 121 to 140 | 141 to 159
There are 159 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints