Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Police charge canyoners for taking risks 18-Feb-2010 At 4:40:19 PM Climboholic
I applaud the Police for making a stand on this!

Far too many people are arrogant enough to make conscious decisions to go out of their depth, then expect to be rescued. People need to take responsibility for themselves!

I take particular issue with people who make a profit from retelling their """heroic""" story to the media.

A prime example is the pommy wanker who got lost/hid in the Bluies then emerged to make a fortune, then refused to donate more than a token amount back to SAR.

Example two: Jessica Watson, the incompetent, around the world sailor who ran into a ship off the NSW central coast while sleeping! These people get lauded as hero's, but in my opinion they are selfish rich kids who are in it for themselves. If she get's in trouble she will have to be rescued at hundreds of thousands of dollars cost to the tax payers of whichever coast gaurd or defence force she is rescued by. Just like we had to fit the bill for the rescue of Tony Bullimore in the Southern Ocean.

These people ARE NOT HERO'S! Hero's altruistically help people. These people are in it for themselves. How many of us can afford to buy a yacht and take a year out of our life?

I am not saying that people should not expect to be rescued. Just that we should take responsibility for our actions.

Personally, I would make every effort to fit the bill for my rescue if it came to that.

There are 87 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints