Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Sydney climbing gyms - my thoughts so far 17-Feb-2010 At 3:58:12 PM porkpie
Wait until you go bouldering outside. The grades are all over the shop, the landings canbe terrible and no matter how often I go to the crag the problems never change.

Use the gyms to climb and train when it is wet and realise that's what most of us do - it is unreasonable to demand gyms cater to just climbers (or worse still boulderers) when we are a fickle bunch who only pay for entry. The bread and butter are the punters that hire harnesses, shoes and chalkbags, come every week (rain, hail or shine) and spend up big in the shop. (A few kids parties help pay the bills aswell). Lets face it it's the other uses that fund our habit.

I hate plastic but I am glad SICG and the Bloc are there when everything else is soaked and think these two establishments are catering well to climbers. If these are your thoughts on Climbfit and St Peters I would love to see you post after going to the Edge or the Summit - because they really are sh!t.

There are 30 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints