Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Question about CRUX taipan topo 26-Dec-2009 At 2:18:45 PM jgoding
Howdy, in my research into digital printing my understanding is that even with the best inks you're only looking at a 2 year lifespan before they start to fade and discolour (when placed in high UV environments).

Things you can do to improve this are:
1: move the print into a shady area
2: treat the print with a uv stable layer (clear) either satin or gloss self adhesive vinyl. There are a bunch of these on the market, from 3M, Santex and a number of other professional vinyl manufacturers (who do a lot of digital prints on cars for example - but even with a high end printer, the most expensive ink and a UV stable overlaminate you're only looking at 2-3 years as a warranty period).

The other option is to wedge is behind two layers of UV stable material such as a special kind of perspex/high impact acrylic such as Macrolon UV2 which are distributed by Laserlite Australia. www.laserlite.com.au

You might be able to snaffle a small offcut from a contractor I have worked with if you're willing to swing by their warehouse. You could try Heron Technology who did a job for me using this material some time back. They may well be happy for you to take any offcuts away that they have. Speak to Tony.

Feel free to speak to some printers I've dealt with in the past who have been great at providing advice on this and many other digital printing things:

SUMO Creative Visual Solutions, Cremorne St, Richmond (Ask for Rob Grosso or Matt Huber)
Zest - The Image Factory - ask for Damian White or Andi Charman
PrintCOMM - ask for David Charlton

Good luck!

Josef Goding
*PS Not part of the CRUX team.

There are 7 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints