Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
Gear STOLEN from araps
danthaman00
10-Dec-2009
10:52:51 PM
Hi All,
Was climbing with a Buddy on Tuesday the 8th of Dec 09 on Tiger wall at Araps, when some low life stole some of our gear left at the bottom.
I'm posting this msg in hope that someone might see or hear of some gear for sale etc. i suspect these two guys. (one overweightish, black with a nz accent) wern't climbers.
The gear that went missing is

-12m of 5-6mm Spectra cord with crab attached- green
-60m dry 9.8mm dynamic- green in colour
-polar fleece macpac jacket- red with two burn marks in the right shoulder -like all good outdoor gear
-1 yellow HB cam with crab -small (.3)
-1 orange HB cam with crab - small (.2)

-1 New guide book- with contact numbers in there for my climbing partner
- climbing shoes- yellow scarpa thunders 44?
- 8 or so screw gate crabs
- 2-3 120mm quickdraws
- tibloc, pulley and a few prussiks
-1 red caribee day pack
- white pair of sunnies
- black Karbon jumper (hotham staff jumper without the hotham emblem attached)

So please if you see anything, please give me a call or horsham police. this has left a major sour taste in my mouth..... so not happy.
thanks guys. Dan coletti 0421 393 520
Tlockwood
10-Dec-2009
11:17:02 PM
that blows mate! i hope you get it back

miguel75
10-Dec-2009
11:41:43 PM
I hope the red back in the toilet gets them both...

wallwombat
11-Dec-2009
12:01:59 AM
That sucks big time.

buzz
11-Dec-2009
6:27:29 AM
Was your hardware marked in any particular manner (e.g. nail polish, texta etc)?

Karma will catch up with the thief or even better a chocky member with a number 11 hex! I normally reserve my larger hex for punter pounding but I'm sure pounding a overweight theif could be fun!

wallwombat
11-Dec-2009
8:26:15 AM
Surely someone noticed a couple of guys, who didn't look like climbers, carrying all that stuff back to their car.
rockranga
11-Dec-2009
8:26:54 AM
dude, that is so wrong.... i hope a cliff falls on them...

salty crag
11-Dec-2009
10:32:54 AM
Scary, twas up there Wednesday and left gear at base never thinking it could "walk". Printed your post
and will keep an eye on ebay, they may try and cash in.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
11-Dec-2009
1:04:29 PM
This is bad news.
I hope it is recovered quickly and returned to you in good order.

ado_m
11-Dec-2009
6:58:55 PM
fark, that's outrageous. does this happen often at araps or other crags? it does in the uk a fair bit, but that's just because of all the pikies.

belayslave
11-Dec-2009
9:27:37 PM
On 11/12/2009 ado_m wrote:
because of all the pikies.

Pikies.... I F**king hate pikies!... and the bastards who stole your gear from Araps too.

southcol
11-Dec-2009
11:21:18 PM
sorry to hear about that, its really bad news. Its quite disturbing and strange to think that 2 non climbers would find themselves at Arapiles and then proceed to walk to the base of the cliff and pinch some rather worthless gear...Karma will get the buggers

wallwombat
12-Dec-2009
12:01:56 AM
On 11/12/2009 southcol wrote:

>...strange to think that 2 non climbers would find themselves at Arapiles
>and then proceed to walk to the base of the cliff and pinch some rather
>worthless gear...

That's what I think too. It's weird.

IdratherbeclimbingM9
12-Dec-2009
12:12:24 AM
On 12/12/2009 wallwombat wrote:
>On 11/12/2009 southcol wrote:
>
>>...strange to think that 2 non climbers would find themselves at Arapiles
>>and then proceed to walk to the base of the cliff and pinch some rather
>>worthless gear...
>
>That's what I think too. It's weird.

... after yesterdays posts on this site, I have decided that there is no accounting for the logic of some people.
~> as such, 'opportunism' is the only thought that comes to my mind.

There are 14 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints