Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
The Problem with Climbing... 15-Mar-2004 At 5:42:49 PM Tel
Rock I wonder whether you have read and reflected upon what you wrote. In your own words you have said that the value of a climber and there real worth is dependant upon whether they " are out there on the weekends pulling their 'awseome' moves above sketchy gear ", ie if you don't climb real rock you are not a real climber.
I don't think it is fair to assume that all people meet or rise to your own expectations as to be worthy, people are what they are and it is our own ability to be able to draw some good from those around us. Having empathy towards all, makes us better people, but in order to have said empathy you have to take the time.
I also wonder whether what you despise in others is that really mirroring what you despise in yourself, and that is why you see it so evidently. So I guess what I am saying is pause and reflect, look at yourself and see what your impact is on those around rather than their impact on you.
The thing I am learning most about climbing is "time and patience", this apllies to those in the community as well as my own ability.

Rodw said it well "Be happy , say hello to everyone and if they dont respond just ignore it...who cares?"

There are 8 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints