Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
OT: Moorabal/Lal Lal wind farm 2-Sep-2009 At 9:02:42 PM pete05
Gravity hound, im not sure what the situation is like there, but around the Ballarat area in vic there have been many fierce battles against city developers coming in and trying to plant turbines in inappropriate places.
They have been stopped more often than they have gone ahead so far.
The problem really boils down to the planning guidelines, of which there are basically none.
If the turbines were kept away from homes then i suspect that opposition to them would abate markedly. most of the farmers that have signed up for them have regretted it, i heard a recent comment from one who calls them is "jet engines" in reference to the noise. The flashing red lights and noise that was claimed didnt exist are obviously annoying. The companies running them dont care.
I know of at least 3 familys that have left their homes since the turbines at waubra became operational, i know of at least 10 more who have problems with noise, both audiable and low frequency. many of them have turbines on their land and due to contractural agreements cannot do anything about it, they were either mislead or silly to sign up to those contracts.
The University of Ballarat have been measuring the noise and found it to exceed 80db,
I just hope that farmers in other areas take more time to investigate their contracts with what are often fly by night companies with no paid up capital to back them up should something go wrong

There are 817 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints