Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
OT: Moorabal/Lal Lal wind farm 2-Sep-2009 At 8:27:18 PM pete05
Evan, sounds to me like you have no comback.
So you say hydro is storage now? well i spose it kind of is, yes you can pump water back up the hill, but is there anywhere where another type of renewable is used on site to provide the energy to do this? or is it more paper shuffling from energy generators?
By the way i wouldnt believe everything on wikipedia either.
Im not putting words in anyones mouth in regards to the popularity of wind power in rural communities where it is being pushed. Maybe you need to get out a bit more and ask some questions, why would anyone want it next to their or friends home? we've all seen whats happened at waubra, who on earth would want their neighbours or freinds subjected to that?
You seem to be so in love with wind that you even deny it needs a subsidy to exist, I guess this is why the wind industry are so happy with the 20% MRET , just so they can make more easy money at everyone elses expense. But of course its not a subsidy because its called mret! I doubt if one single turbine would be put up without it.
You tried to bait me into the nuclear argument i see, you better find someone who knows a bit more about it than i do to chat with there!

There are 817 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints