Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Bushwalker missing in the Bluies?? 21-Jul-2009 At 9:29:18 AM hangdog
I was very sceptical about this guy as it seemed very strange that he spent 11 days going in circles.
However after lots of time on Google earth and reading bits of his account i can see how he ended up
where he did.(11days is a long time though as you can walk to kanangra in 3days) If you know the
area then its hard to imagine getting lost however it is possible to see how someone who doesnt know
( and ignores advice!) could end up where he did. Originally i heard he was found on the Narrowneck
road and that didnt make any sense at all. My opinion changed when i heard he was found at Medlow
Gap as that made more sense and was the more obvious place to end up if you wandered off the
western end of Mt Solitary and ended up off the back and south. He was lucky in a sense that he
found that road as if he had kept going he would have gone right into the Wild Dogs.
I dont agree that he can sell his story and make enough cash to travel and get lost again and the
volunteers who took time off with no pay get nothing and we foot the bill. Mind you if he had some of
these free Epirbs he could have let it off when his feet got cold and his Ipod batteries ran out and have
been picked up for free. Not a bad idea, If you cant be bothered to walk out then duck into the bush
and wait for the rescue lay down and wait to be carried or hellied out. Might try it at Piddington next
time,never like the slog out of there.

There are 111 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints