Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
OT: Moorabal/Lal Lal wind farm 10-Jul-2009 At 2:41:07 PM R James
>On 10/07/2009 R James wrote:
>>1. The whole basis of this is global temperature change.
>
>Bullsh!t.
>
No, it really is all about global temperature (you may not have noticed).
>
>No-one likes a pedant but if you want do it properly, disprove the null
>hypothesis - there are no statistically significant changes in the climate
>of planet earth. If you can show that then the hypothesis stands. I doubt
>you can show that.....
>
So are you saying you've looked at the long term trends (2,000 year plus) and believe you can see a difference in recent trends? With temperature going up and down, and higher in the past, I admire your keen eye. I don't think it really needs a stat analysis to see that recent temperature changes are nothing unusual.

>>The temperature increase rate from 1910 - 1940 was the same as 1970 -
>2000, even >though there was no significant anthropogenic CO2 at that time.
>
>will recieve resounding nods and cheers of applause. Even the macro and
>the submarine will get a warm reception.

You lost me on this one - what is the connection with macros and submarines??

Again, all I'm suggesting is that others grab the data and form their own opinions. Don't take anyone's word for it, including mine.

One I forgot to mention was ocean temperature (currently dropping). Argo provides software that allows you to see plots and images of ocean temperature and trends, for those that want to see for themselves. http://www.argo.ucsd.edu/Marine_Atlas.html . It's about 400 meg download.
>

There are 817 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints