HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Friday Funnies 26-Jun-2009 At 12:01:16 PM MrsM10iswhereitsat.
Good morning lovely Chockstoners. Isn't it alarming all this alarmist theory stuff over on the global warming thread? Kind of changes our focus from the recent bleating of the political correctness sheep though doesn't it?
While chatting with Derek my M10 love over a cuppa this morning, he says it's life, or death, or whatever, and to get over it. He reckons if we can't get over it then we need to get on with it. He is confusing me a bit (and I am not sure he hasn't spiked his camomile with grog again), so I asked him what he means.
He tells me it is all a matter of perspective and told me this story to illustrate his point, about what is sad from a political correctness perspective, but what is sadder still, is the fact that in a country which prides itself on freedom of speech, one has to spend time worrying about the political correctness perspective.

The perspectives of Mohammed and Little Bruce.

Mohammed entered his classroom.
"What is your name?" asked the teacher.
"Mohammed".... answered the kid.
"We are in Australia and, there is no Mohammed. From now on your name will be Bruce," replied the teacher.
In the evening, Mohammed returned home. "How was your day, Mohammed?" asked his mother.
"My name is not Mohammed, I am in Australia and now my name is Bruce."
"Ahh, are you ashamed of your name, are you trying to disown your parents, your heritage, your religion? Shame on you," and she beat him.
Then she called the father and he too beat him savagely.
The next day Mohammed returned to school. When the teacher saw him with all the bruises she asked: "What happened to you little Bruce?"

"Well, Miss, only two hours after becoming Australian I was attacked by two f***ing Arabs!..."

There are 1236 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints