>the Princeton Tec Apex which has a regulated power supply, is waterproof,
>battery indicator and has a super bright LED (3W/1W can't remember - just
>really bright! )for spotting controls. I usually run it on the four dimmed
>separate LEDS for battery life, or not at all if it is clear. Considering
>there are whole websites devoted to headlamps I wouldn't be at all surprised
>if the Apex has been superseded. BTW I have never been on a rogaine with
>reflective controls - just white/orange. Then again I haven't rogained
>in the last year.

To be honest, the lights were still a novelty and I wanted to see how they'd work for something other than MTB. When I said reflective controls I just mean the white/orange - with enough light they reflect :) The new Petzl Myo XPR has many of the same features as the Princeton you mentioned, but is probably more expensive.

Back on topic - Ado, if you're in Melbourne you're welcome to try my Ay-ups to help decide on beam widths if you haven't seen them in the flesh before. The only other note is that the 3 and 6hr battery lifes are conservative - they'll run for a good hour more than that if you can live with slightly less light output.

There are 19 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints