HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Friday Funnies 19-Jun-2009 At 3:43:38 PM MrsM10iswhereitsat.
>Sorry MrsM10, couldn't wait. And no one was probably reading my jokes on
>the excitingly labelled forum improvements thread.
>

You are an impetuous young lad aren't you Mr Hero, but I found your jokes over there are not as good as your efforts here. I did notice that you have one admirer on that thread, so it is OK to be in your own little world, because you are known there. (Pass me one of those sandwitches I made for afternoon tea please Derek my M10 love).
Don't let it get your knickers in a knot possum; as it will solve nothing and will make you climb funny.

Yoohoo Mr BA, I see you are a fan of British humour. Probably were too when you were a lad I suspect. My, but it was tough back in those days wasn't it dearie? What did you think of Mr Hero's giraffe going legless? Derek tells me (while munching on another sandwitch. He really shouldn't talk with his mouth full), that that is what happens when one parties like an animal! Getting it on track might have been easier than what these gents dealt with, as getting religion always seems easier when we're young, Derek tells me.

Giving religion to the locals.

An Irish priest, an American Pentecostal preacher and a rabbi all served as chaplains to the inmates of a Melbourne climbing gym. They would get together two or three times a week for coffee and to talk shop.

One day, someone made the comment that preaching to people isn't really that hard. A real challenge would be to preach to a kangaroo. One thing led to another, and they decided to do a seven-day experiment. They would all go out into the sticks, find a kangaroo and preach to it.

Seven days later, they're all together to discuss the experience. Father O'Flannery, who has his arm in a sling, is on crutches, and has various bandages, goes first.

"Wellll," he says, in a fine Irish brouge, "Ey wint oot into th' sticks to fynd me a rroo. Oond when Ey fund him Ey began to rread to him from the Catechism. Welll, the rroo wanted naught to do wi' me und begun to slap me aboot. So I quick grrabbed me holy water and, THE SAINTS BE PRAISED, he became as gentle as a lamb. The bishop is cooming oot next wik to give him fierst communion und confierrmation."

Reverend Billy Bob spoke next. He was in a wheelchair, with an arm and both legs in casts, and an IV drip.

In his best fire and brimstone oratory he proclaimed, "WELL, brothers, you KNOW that we don't sprinkle...WE DUNK! I went out and I FOUND me a roo. And then I began to read to him from God's HOOOOLY WORD! But that roo wanted nothing to do with me. I SAY NO! He wanted NOTHING to do with me. So I took HOOOLD of him and we began to rassle. We rassled down one hill, UP another and DOWN another until we come to a crick. So I quick DUNK him and BAPTIZE his furry soul. An' jus like you sez, he wuz gentle as a lamb. We spent the rest of the week in fellowship, feasting on God's HOOOOLY word."

They both look down at the rabbi, who was lying in a hospital bed. He was in a body cast and traction with IV's and monitors running in and out of him.

The rabbi looks up and says, "Oy! You don't know what tough is until you try to circumcise one of those creatures!"

There are 1236 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints