Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
OT: Moorabal/Lal Lal wind farm 22-May-2009 At 11:24:46 AM GravityHound
>As I said, I can post my plotting macro for the IPCC data if anyone is
>interested in the facts,

i dont want an excel macro. if you want to offer some independent analysis then offer up some hardcore stats using up to date statistical techniques and show me the variables that are or are not making a difference to any temperature trends that are occuring. model your own temperature trends and tell us what the future will look like. shows us how and why the people who are paid to do this stuff, like the IPCC, are wrong.
>
>Oceans ... sorry, they are alkaline. The oceans pump out 20 times as
>much CO2 as man does (you'll find this hidden in the IPCC reports).

wow! did you even think before you posted a comment to wipe away scientific enquiry with the swipe of the hand. perhaps if you actually sit down and read this review for the Royal Society http://royalsociety.org/displaypagedoc.asp?id=13314 on ocean acidification we might see a shift in your current opinion on the topic.

>Crops ... sorry again. CO2 is the world's cheapest fertilizer (assuming
>growth is not limited by other factors, such as water etc). Since 1950
>CO2 has increased crop yields by an estimated 15%.

did you search and see the negative impacts of yield that i mentioned. doubt it. i cant post links to articles on the topic unless you have access to journals through uni or similar. assuming growth isnt limited by other factors is a pretty big assumption. a lot of our farmers cant afford nutrients for their plants at the current prices so how the hell will developing nations ensure there are no limiting factors, especially nitrogen.

>"The financial side" ... Yes ! Clearly that's what the CO2 scam is all
>about. Al Gore's $100,000,000 that he has scammed is tiny. Global carbon
>taxes are estimated at $2,000,000,000,000 per annum to stop a claimed warming
>of 0.006 degrees per annum ... that isn't happening. Of course there's
>also the billions of research dollars ... such as "the effects of climate
>change on the blue tit".

well there you go. the research i have done on the effect of elevated co2 and water stress on crops as well as grasslands ecosystems has been a right waste of time and money then. dang. what have i been doing with my life?

Each to their own but as was written in an article in todays SMH "We live in a world where people are prepared to see entire countries wiped out rather than disrupt their own pleasures." http://www.smh.com.au/news/entertainment/books/americas-century-like-it-or-lump-it/2009/05/21/1242498868913.html.

There are 817 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints