Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Abseil Technique 21-May-2009 At 12:56:39 PM surfinclimb
On 20/05/2009 IdratherbeclimbingM9 wrote:
>He did some pretty amazing feats, though fashion and feats are two different
>things.

Sorry to break it to you mate but he was found to be a fraud. He was seen riding a bike on one of his "amazing " tiger walks, but denied it.
The amazing greek ultra marathon runner Yanous Kouros (sp) who has trained his entire life holds the world record for 400km. It is set indoors on a flat, firm, even track. He carries no food, water or equipment but has all the support you could imagine such as masseur, dietician, pace setters, cooks etc plus the benifit of a bed to sleep in when resting. He is only slightly faster ( a couple of hours) at this distance than our "Hero" who has to carry food water etc and cope with uphills and uneven ground without the benifits of masseurs cooks etc.
One of his amazing feats was to rescue a girl in a canyoning accident who had supposedly being hanging in a harness in a waterfall for at least 6 hours. ( as climbers we know already this is bullshit and she's dead) he rescues her singlehandedly as her boyfriend has waited at the carpark where he found our " Hero" and then walks her out of the canyon for 3-4 hours, puts her in the car and sends her home with her boyfriend. Did I mention this was on the way from driving home from one of his desert tiger walks where he walked for 280 kms non stop across the desert and conveniently stops at this particular carpark because now 1 hour from home he needs to sleep.
On top of it the boyfriend doesn't ring the police or emergency services for help for our "hero" nor take her to a hospital to get checked out but just goes home, how convenient for our "hero", no medical report.
Everyone loves to have someone they can look at and go WOW thats amazing, But this guy isn't it, hes just a liar and there's not much I dont like more than a liar

The next post contains most of what I was talking about. My numbers are a little out, I hadn't read that article in about 12 months so you will have to forgive me.
The general underline is still what counts. The guy is full of it

There are 27 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints