Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Andrew McAuley doco 21-Apr-2009 At 9:36:15 AM DaveN
I thought it was a very moving film - and very well done. I knew Andrew - I had been on a number of
canyoning trips with him (and often also with his wife, Vicki) and also on a few mountain biking trips.
Andrew was a top guy. He had a lot of humility. He never big noted himself and didn't talk too much
about his achievements which were considerable. He loved the outdoors and outdoor adventures. One
of the trips we did together was a long mountain bike trip from Picton to Katoomba. Due to certain
factors - we decided to leave Picton at night and ride right through the night and then a fair bit of the
next day. Andrew certainly had no trouble with the endurance factor of the ride.

One time I can remember meeting him in town to pass on a CD with photos - and I can remember him
telling me - that he and a friend had just complete a new big Wolgan route - at Big Glassy. They had
started out from Newnes, mountain biked down to the crag, completed the route, abseiled down the
exit canyon and then rode back to Newnes. That was his idea of a good day out. For another of his Big
Glassy routes - it is well worth reading the story by Vera Wong that was on the SRC site to
accompany their Wolgan Guide (are the Wolgan stories still online? I couldn't find them on the SRC
site)

It was interesting in the doco that all the material (sound and video) was obtained from just one
memory stick and that the bulk of his material (on tape) was too damaged by sea water.

Dave

There are 35 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints