Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Australian Unroped Climbing Invitationals 22-Feb-2004 At 11:31:10 AM SteveH
Unfortunately, the response to the sponsorship campaign by the Australian outdoor and corporate sectors has proved to be dismal. The outdoor lack of financial support was kind of expected and understandable, but I was pretty depressed by the response from other large companies. The main feedback, was that it is a new, and unproved event, in a basically unrecognised sport, so good luck with this year, and feel free to contact us next year.

Feels like lots of sleepless nights and blood, sweat and tears have been wasted.

I sent my last attempt for sponsorship this year out on Friday, as I need to confirm with the Sydney Entertainment Centre if we are running the event or not by the end of February. I have sent applications for funding from the government (gasp), to both the Australian Sports Commission and the NSW sport and recreation. It is all in their court now.

Although the competition could be run a little bit cheaper, (i.e. no cash prizes, mats from schools rather than proper, attractive mats etc.), I belive, the with my aims for the competition and the sport of indoor climbing, taking it to the general public, it is better to do it big and professional, or not at a later date.

So although this years event may not go ahead, enough work, effort and support has been put in, that in the future if financial backing arises, the event can happen.

I have tried to keep all the contacts open, with the Surf, Dive, Action Show and the Sydney Entertainment Centre, as it would be a shame to see such a good venue wasted.

I will post again, when I get a reply from the government.

A special thanks to the numerous people who have offered support and time, especially:

Simon Blake - Graphic Design
Shane Andre - Website
Stephen Mitchell - Logistical support
Chris Milne - Logistical support
Mike Garbon - Logistical support

Cheers

Stephen Hunter

There are 14 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints