Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Etiquette (how to be a climbing dickhead) 25-Jan-2009 At 8:02:12 PM grego
That was one of my first trad leads, as i am sure it is for many. I reckon i would have been pretty
stressed if that had happened to me.

Along a similar line - friend of mine was leading the first pitch of Skink. It was one of her first leads on
trad. There was a guy next to us getting ready to do Auto De Fe. Anyways, he was chatting away
quite loudly about climbing falls and deaths on a route he had put up. I asked politely if he could
change the topic given someone was leading. And he quips "Well if she's scared she should put more
pro in." I'm like....WTF?

Then i am doing the second pitch and he says "a lot of people having been pulling on those
chockstones over the years". Hmm. Thanks for the insight mate.. but there is a time and a place.

Anyway, he did the first pitch of Auto De Fe and after that he was too scared so he backed off. So we
were pretty chuffed with that.

There are 32 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints