HARDWARE

Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
First time to the Gramps / First time on trad! 11-Nov-2008 At 1:11:01 PM Richard
>I've got 3 medium range cams and a set of
>Wild Country nuts, on top of my full sport climbing rack.
>Been reading up and thinking of heading out the the Summerday Valley...
>Wanting to start out very easy- like 10-13s to take my time and start
>to learn placements and get confidence on the gear.
>Wondering if this is the best place to go, and also any recommendations
>on easy climbs I can do with the limited gear I have.

Regatta, Antics, Waxman, Flake of fear, should only needs wires and medium cams..

>Can you walk up to the anchors to set up top ropes in Summerday? If I
>can't get up anything I still wanna climb.

Yes, but its easier to find your way down, than back up if you haven't been down before to know where the decsent route is.. Some are more an easy climb up than a '"walk"

>And lastly (I promise), does anyone have any more recommendations for
>gear I won't regret buying that work well at Gramps/Araps. God I love the
>trad gear! It's freakin' cool!

I'd recommned another set of nuts, probably a different brand so they increase the chance they'll fit when the others wont.. and prehaps some small wires (RPs or micro nuts..)

There are 16 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints