Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
CRUX Mag -- issue #6 9-Apr-2008 At 11:41:01 AM estherrenita_
Hmm. I just read through the new crux mag last night.
I have been really looking forward to the chick special to come out, and stole Simey’s issue as soon as I saw it (he was given a contributors issue > but I haven’t received mine yet)! But I have to say that I was disappointed. It didn’t seem too much of a chick issue at all, there were still a large amount of images of males rather than females in the climbing shots, and the centre-fold was of a bloke on the totem!!! How can you miss the opportunity of having a female CLIMBING centre-fold? Bloody weird if you ask me.
The fashion section in the back was mildly amusing and interesting, but considering the amount of pages that it took up in relation to the pages of women actually climbing , I think it is bordering on offensive that this is what “girl power” translates as.
Also, the bikini girls in Thailand reminded me of looking through surfing mags. (And this is not a compliment by the way).

When I spoke to Simey about the mag, he commented that he didn’t even realise that is WAS a chick issue!!!

I realise that a great deal of work has gone into Crux, and I can forgive the occasional errors and lack of labelling due to the fact that you guys are doing a lot to create a great mag. But for me, this issue wasn't exactly inspiring.

esther renita.

There are 37 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints