Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Hardrock in the city at last 1-Feb-2008 At 5:37:40 PM ShinToe Warrior
>running a gym is almost a public service! You'll notice there was not a
>mad rush to rebuild the "money making machines" that was VR and The Mill!

The fact that VR and The Mill were on prime inner-city real-estate probably had a lot to do with that.

Also, with the ongoing spinning hold problem at Hardrock CBD: If someone from hardrock posted and explained specifically what they were doing to attempt to resolve the situation, then the ongoing frustration of gym-goers - who are also at increased risk of injury - might cool down a little.

Tim, I've made the trek from the eastern suburbs semi-regularly to climb with people who are members at cliffhanger. No-one held a gun to my head to make me do that. There are things I like about Nunawading Hardrock, and there are things I like about cliffhanger. Variety is good.

I don't think anyone's having a go at you here. You seem to run a good gym, and thankyou for that. But it's not a public service. It's a business. If you want to get out of the business and have trouble finding a buyer at a price you are ok with, that would suck, but that's your problem.

Having a go at people who post on a public internet forum about a genuine problem gives me and possibly others the perception that you're getting all bunched up about this, and that you perceive that negative feedback about another gym is somehow also an attack on cliffhanger and a personal attack on you and the industry as a whole.

Sorry to burst your bubble there, but it isn't the case.

There are only complaints on the forum re hardrock CBD because there's a PROBLEM.

I don't go to Hardrock CBD because of this. Neither, it seems, do a significant number of other people.

There are 226 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints