>>>Gyms focus on toprope because you can't teach a group of 30 school kids
>>>how to lead in 15 minutes. Gyms here i believe are designed to give
>people
>>>a taste of climbing, these are generally once off type customers and
>>only
>>>a few are regulars.
>>
>>Well, you can actually. I've seen it. Apart from that, you don't have
>>to. You need one or two of the teachers to set up the topropes and done.
> 1) i would not trust a teacher who knows little/nothing about climbing
>to set up a top rope, and geting staff to set up 1 or 2 topropes for a
>groups of 30 kids is a waste of time and will make the entire process (which
>is very slow anyway) much slower.

With "teacher" I meant instructor, sorry for using the wrong word. Obviously someone who knows what they're doing!

I just know that it works in gyms I've seen. And I also said that it is good to have maybe one wall/area with topropes - but that shouldn't be the main area with routes 15 and above

There are 53 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints