General Climbing Discussion

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 30
Author
Climbing Tattoos
wyt91t
5-Jan-2008
12:23:58 PM
HEY EVERYBODY.
I've been thinking for i while now of getting a tatt, but i cant think of anyone i know with one that somehow is related to climbing, As that would be why i would get one.Some ideas that came to mind were a climbing rope wrapped around the arm from wrist to say shoulder but thats to big i was thinking more on the scale of say a large biner to maybe the size of a compact disk.

Does anyone have any ideas, pics or seen tatts that were cool. i dont want a logo from a climbing brand either.

Regards
Christian

wallwombat
5-Jan-2008
12:32:09 PM
You could always get your gym membership tattooed on your forehead.

wallwombat
5-Jan-2008
12:56:47 PM
On 5/01/2008 wallwombat wrote:
>You could always get your gym membership tattooed on your forehead.

Oops! Thought I was on CragX for a minute.

On a more constructive note, maybe you mean something like this

Personally, I think it might as well say "WANKER" and wouldn't want a tatt like that on me.

Incidentally, I have a gecko climbing up my right upper arm. I wasn't thinking about rock climbing when I got it but it is however indirectly related to climbing. I wish I could climb like a gecko.

muki
5-Jan-2008
1:40:39 PM
A bit smaller, on the upper forearm, from a distance looks like a chain.
But I don't recommend the armpit as a place to get a tat, bloody painful!
simey
5-Jan-2008
2:40:32 PM
What is it about tatts and piercings? Most of the time they look lame.

Why don't you get a picture of Arapiles with a skull sitting above it and a snake weaving in and out of the skull's eye sockets. That would look classy.

belayslave
5-Jan-2008
3:11:42 PM
only climbing tattoo that i've seen i think was one that either Mark or Darren have (from the Pitch in
Sydney). was the skeleton lizard looking thing very much like the Arc'Teryx logo, think it was on their
shoulder blade. Though this was many years ago and i may be totally wrong on any or all of the above
statements.

Never the less it looked cool. nothing too conspicuous either which is good.
PDRM
5-Jan-2008
3:24:08 PM
I had assumed this was a troll, but on the off chance it is not, can I recommend the following quote from an American friend, Brutus of Wylde...

"Don't fall. It's a big deal. You could die."

No attribution necessary.

.Macca
wyt91t
5-Jan-2008
4:48:20 PM
yeap that tatt is on mark

rodw
5-Jan-2008
4:52:32 PM
Armpit your just soft....there are worse places...just be mindful who sees it...

Newspaper article

mousey
5-Jan-2008
6:17:49 PM
havent finished designing it just yet, but so far mine incorporates (in anime cartoon style) a wave breaking both ways with a mtn range (the climbing/riding component) & sun behind it, to go on my shin. then it'll wrap around with some other unrelated stuff.
simey
5-Jan-2008
6:35:58 PM
On 5/01/2008 mousey wrote:
>havent finished designing it just yet, but so far mine incorporates (in anime cartoon style) a wave breaking both ways with a mtn range (the climbing/riding component) & sun behind it, to go on my shin. then it'll wrap around with some other unrelated stuff.

Mousey, that just sounds like stupid nonsense. Go for something really deep and meaningful like a Celtic symbol or the Chinese symbol for sky.

wallwombat
5-Jan-2008
7:00:12 PM
Josh, I agree with Simey. That sound's like the dog's breakfast.

penguinator
5-Jan-2008
7:23:30 PM
I have one tattoo and that is a small picture of the Pisces fish on the back of my neck. Because well.... I am Pisces and also because I love the water!!

Talk to anyone with tattoos and most will agree that the bigger the tattoo... the more they regret it.

I have seen a few climbers at the local gym with gecko tattoo's... that is kind of climbing related?

Eduardo Slabofvic
5-Jan-2008
9:37:05 PM
Hardman had the only tattoo worth getting
simey
5-Jan-2008
9:43:58 PM
How about getting your girlfriend's name tattooed on you? You can't go wrong with that.

mousey
5-Jan-2008
9:48:16 PM
except that id have lots of half finished tattoos!! ha

wallwombat
5-Jan-2008
10:05:32 PM
On 5/01/2008 Eduardo Slabofvic wrote:
>Hardman had the only tattoo worth getting

Didn't Hardman have the old Chouinard symbol tattooed on his arm? A "C" in a diamond?
simey
5-Jan-2008
10:45:42 PM
On 5/01/2008 mousey wrote:
>... then it'll wrap around with some other unrelated stuff.

Mousey, I reckon throw in a few stubbies and marijuana leaves into the design and that will cap it off nicely.

simey
6-Jan-2008
10:29:38 AM
On 5/01/2008 penguinator wrote:
>Talk to anyone with tattoos and most will agree that the bigger the tattoo... the more they regret it.

Ben Cousins might be doing some regretting.

wallwombat
6-Jan-2008
11:13:46 AM
I think Ben Cousins's tattoo is pleasantly ironic.

Page 1 of 2. Messages 1 to 20 | 21 to 30
There are 30 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints