Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Gear taken from Mount York... 11-Oct-2007 At 11:34:31 PM dutch
I was out at Mount York two weeks ago to escape the howling wind in the bluies, and suprise suprise there was a guide group from one of the guiding companies there. Didnt really mind them there, although one of the guides seemed a little strange.

I was there in a group of a half a dozen people and there were several other people climbing there as well. As the crag came into the shade i went to get my jumpers which were lying on the ground with other gear from our group and couldnt find them. I turns out the gumby guide from earlier had picked them up and asked one or two people at the crag if they belonged to them before taking off with it.

The gear was eventually returned, but only after they requested that i send them a postage paid self addressed post pack. Some climbers may see this as booty, but taking gear from the base of a cliff when there are still climbers around is THEFT. I highly doubt BMAC would have attempted to return it to its rightful owner! It seems Mitch's article in the latest rock must be having some affect on the climbing community who i once thought to be kind and generous.

What is worse, when contacted the company tried to argue that it was my fault. hmmm...Next time your out climbing if you see the Blue Mountains Adventure Company take care.

There are 11 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints