Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Climbing photography 24-Sep-2007 At 2:49:11 PM JJ

it's a toughy on what to get, just gotta look at what you want to do with it (the most). ie what sort of pics or style of pics do you take the most.

I have a 350D (would love a 5D, thanks Monty)
16-35mm L
50mm f1.4
85mm f1.8
580EX Flash
430EZ Flash
eBay wireless slaves

I'm about to get a 24-70mm f2.8 L and at the end of the year get a 70-200mm f2.8 L

It all comes down to the $$$ you can spare. If you cant afford to get what you really want, wait and get it. You're gunna have it for a long time, so you are better to put the $$$ towards better glass. Fast glass is good, especially when the light starts to drop and you are starting to loose your snappy shutter speed. There is nothing worse when the sun is setting, the light is sweet and golden, but you have no shutter speed and everthing is blurring.

Christmas is around the corner, could be a good time to get all the relo's to put in for some sweet glass.

I have found eBay good on prices and a lot of the Hong Kong sellers have the best prices.

Hope this helps

JJ

PS PM me if you need to know anything else

There are 29 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints