Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
Wicked Woodie Beta.
AndyCJ
25-Jul-2007
9:50:59 AM
Woodie lacking something? Can't afford any more holds??

Think... pockets.

Get a hole saw and some Selleys Knead It (multipurpose).
(http://www.selleys.com.au/Selleys-KneadIt-Multipurpose/default.aspx)

Drill a few holes, Knead some pockets. Wicked.

My main man Bryce told me so. If you've ever in the North Island of NZ, check out Wharepapa Outdoor Centre.

adski
25-Jul-2007
10:45:55 AM
Yep, pockets can be good, but small radius edges are not very friendly on the fingers. Another way to pad out the hole, giving a deep, large radius pocket is to screw a small supplement of ply on the back of the sheet underneath the pocket, and sand/file off the surface. I've gotta say i'm a fan of pockets for training :-)
dalai
25-Jul-2007
10:46:30 AM
Great tip AndyJC. Looks the goods if wanting to make just a few features.

How much does it cost per tube?

How does the finished texture fell like compared to the usual pocket sculpting car filler?

AndyCJ
25-Jul-2007
11:18:32 AM
It's $17 a tube. It's a 2 part mix which can be worked in the hands, and feels nice and soft on the tips when you're using it.

I'm thinking of making up some cones also, so mold into shallow pockets. Straight holes make for pretty big jugs - but Bryce had some pretty shallow filled in pockets also which were great for stacking and matching practice.
Dalai
25-Jul-2007
1:11:53 PM
Sounds good.

I was suggested to use Car filler. Drill the hole in the panel, but rather than screw another piece of timber behind like Adski suggests, to use small aluminium pie/cake tins as the backing (screws imbedded in the back of the panel next to the hole to help keep the whole feature in place once set), fill with car filler and hold over the back of the hole, then sculpt the pocket from the front before it dries.

Eduardo Slabofvic
25-Jul-2007
1:44:35 PM
Pockets on other peoples woodies are great places to leave small pieces of banana......just before
leaving.

pat
26-Jul-2007
12:16:20 PM
...and prawns..

There are 7 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints