Topic Date User
Melbourne CBD Gym 2007 15-Jul-2007 At 11:45:20 PM torque
>Sorry to go off topic once more,
>
>What's the story with lead climbing over people already on top rope routes
>at Nunawading. This has happened so many times there. It gets to the stage
>were my partner has to stop climbing and sit on the rope to wait whilst
>the leader climbs across the route, or even one or two clips above. The
>best one is the leaders who scamper in and jump on while you're tying in.
>You check your knots, turn around to check your belayer, turn back and
>someone is on the climb. I've chipped a few people about this and the
>answers I got were typically, "oh, I knew wouldn't fall on that route",
>but the one that got my goat was "well, he IS a lead climber". Seriously,
>someone will get hurt one day through peoples arrogance.
>Anyone else experienced this?
>
>
>

Um.. Yeah.
Experienced this each of the three times I have been there.
Nice manners, hey! I've had people start climbing the same route I'm on while I am still on it!
Funny thing, at least one time it was a staff member... so its not " well he IS a lead climber" but more like "well he IS a lead climber, and he works here!".

Not that I really give a shite, but was just interesting after the reach-around you need to go through to lead climb at said gym in regards to safety, that it gets thrown out the window by some.. anyways

Guess its just another reason we should all be outdoors aye?!

But back on topic.. the new City climbing wall looks AWESOME!

There are 66 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints