>
>For uni clubs, Easter is often the first big trip away for the new members,
>for many it might be also the first time they have attended a uni club
>event. One of the problems with running club events with new members is
>that both the new members & the ones running the event may not recognise
>each other. It might be easy if the new members are being picked up by
>existing members from a central location, it completely different if the
>new members are making their own way to the venue, banners, obvious club
>T-shirts etc, all make it easier for the club to gather at the one location.
>
>
>Nothing worse for someone new to turn up to an event and not find the
>club they are looking for, except asking at every tent in the campsite
>and in my experience the new member is just as likely to go home rather
>than run the embarassment of asking for help locating their club.

What? Drive back to Melbourne? Hardly likely

F### off the banners in my opinion. I don't see the point, even despite the arguments above. It's the outdoors for f###s sake. How will people negotiate cliff faces if they can't even locate the camp site. What better initiation than to negotiate through the pines to locate the campsite. The banners are loud, rude, obtrusive, annoying etc etc

It's a tradition for the banners to go missing. I rocked up to Araps once and saw the MUMC banner adourning the organ pipes and I was originally horified to think that it had been placed there as some sort of ownership of the place. Then when I heard a legend of the fall had stolen said banner and "re-located" it, I thought, gold! may the shenanagans and traditions continue.

However, i think that after the intital theft the banner should be returned - unless it adourns the mantlepiece of some rival club, which I say to the losing club - leave it there or try and get it back. Long live intervarsity rivalry

There are 98 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints