Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Araps round up - (Missing Link overrated?) 2-Apr-2007 At 2:55:33 PM Mark R
Egads! Look dude, I have no idea who you are, and I have no problem with your reply... give and take in the name of good fun. If I sound elitist then it undoubtably stems from poor expression rather than climbing prowess... Im much too weak to be running around throwing stones. The first post was only part tongue in cheek however... I did find the lower wall the hardest (and scariest) bit, and did think that the roof felt significantly easier than any of the (few) other 21s (and a few 20s) I had been on at araps (Chinese Algebra, Wasp, Taste of Honey, The good the bad the ugly a few that jump to mind)... who'd have guessed that grading is subjective and some people will find different parts of a climb (or crag) cruxy. Perhaps not all opinions are equal. Anyway, I have no intention of getting into some kind of slinging match with you (or anyone else for that matter). Hope you, simey and anyone else that I have offended with such disgraceful slander aren't too put out... I would hardly have thought my 4 lines were worth it. Should have stuck with the first draft... one line...

"Ah Kachoong... climb it, you'll like it"

... but perhaps some wont, and either way, if you're doing it for yourself you probably wont give a rats what anyone has to say about it.

There are 36 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints