Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Naming rights on FAs (aka The Law of Ming) 26-Jul-2006 At 9:23:47 AM Ronny
>On 25/07/2006 Ronny wrote:
>>If TRing a route does not count as the first ascent (the point that BL
>>is trying to make) then this misses the point.
>
>How does climbing the route in any form 'not count' as an ascent when
>you've still done exactly the same moves as someone who's led it?

What about if you dogged the route but 'did exactly the same moves'? what about if you threw a rope down and jumared the line? what if you touched all the same holds as someone who lead it on the way through? what if you set up a pulley system and got your heavy mate to haul you up, but still moved from the same starting position to the same finishing position as someone who lead it?...

Where do you draw the line?

There is no "Bright Line" distinction here. BoardLord's ("BL") argument depends on drawing an arbitrary line at leading - you can argue for an arbitrary line anywhere else, but it will still be arbitrary.

>>I think this BS about the first ascentionist having to give 'permission'
>>like they own the rock is crap to begin with (its not a free for all,
>but
>>the 1st ascentionist should not have a power of veto),
>
>On this note, I'd just like to ask how many 1st ascents you've done mate
>and how many hours you've sweated away and how much money you've used to
>develop routes for others to enjoy?

I'm not getting into a 'my dick is bigger' argument.

If you read back up you'll see that this was in reply to your comment about BOLTING post TR ascent, not about NAMING.

There are 71 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints