Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Half Ropes 19-Jun-2006 At 5:47:26 PM Ronny
Yeah I see your point. I've never seen it happen, and it seems a slim possibility to me too, but that is how it was explained to me.

It would have to be a strange circumstance for it to cause a problem, but maybe its possible. Worst case scenario might be something like clipping two ropes separately into spaced (sideways) gear, then into one piece in the centre, then going back to spread out gear, and somehow managing to grab the right hand rope for clipping the last gear from around the back of the L hand rope. Then you could potentially end up with a situation where the draw in the middle isn't doing anything, but the ropes run around eachother and then back to their respective sides.

But then I guess you could do that if you used two draws anyway, or even if you weren't intending to clip both ropes into a single piece. Also, as you say, the point of contact is moving along the rope so its unlikely to be a problem.

I always thought this seemed a remote possibility when I was told of it, but just figured 'better to be safe...'. But I'm off it now. I'll be freely clipping all over the place...

J

There are 43 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints