Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
parkour doco/movie on SBS tonight
pharmamatt
14-Mar-2006
8:50:58 PM
there is parkour doco/movie on SBS tonight (14/3/06) at 10pm called yamakasi. it'll be interesting to see what its like!
duglash
15-Mar-2006
12:22:49 AM
Was it any good? Saw some amazing video on videobomb.com

climbau
15-Mar-2006
8:41:53 AM
I saw a bit of "Yamakasi" last night. Brilliant!! Areal blend of strength and fluid motion, so aesthetic. I was quite taken by the philosophy of strength and confidence that they try to carry through their lives, not just in their jumping.

Can we make the soon to be formed Victorian Yamakasi Association(VYC) an arm of the VCC?

Phil Box
15-Mar-2006
11:25:07 AM
While yer at it you should also check out Ask a ninja. I look forward to killing you soon. Absolutely hillarious, a white guy dressed up as a Ninja answering questions via quicktime movie.

martyb
15-Mar-2006
11:50:56 AM
It was very cool.

It reminded me of the way Johnny Dawes climbs, very energetic with a lot of 'weightless' movement.
kd
15-Mar-2006
2:41:42 PM
Yep definitely very cool... Damn those strong people who make things look effortless
dave
15-Mar-2006
6:49:41 PM
agreed....i'm inspired!

Anyone into it here?
midnight
16-Mar-2006
12:15:49 PM
Oh yeah, went a little crazy when I first saw the films. After seeing the doco, I got a bit inspired again
and found an abandoned warehouse to train in and a good jogging path that I can do some climbing and
jumping. Might have to spend a few weeks to get into top condition but count me in.

Ben
16-Mar-2006
1:37:03 PM
hey Dave,
Trent, Mark, and Alex are all enthused about parkour - Trent especially.

He's been along to the melbourne parkour groups sessions once or twice and is generally very excited about it all.

Have a chat to him next time you see him at HR.
drdeviousII
18-May-2006
6:46:33 PM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/magnolia/districtb13/trailer/

mousey
18-May-2006
11:46:24 PM
hahahaha thankyou phil you made my evening
i ust spent like an hour watching 'ask a ninja' video clips, that fricken hilarious
dalai
28-May-2006
11:19:44 PM
Good source of parkour photo's and videos http://www.3run.co.uk/
primation
30-May-2006
1:32:17 PM
Hey all, I've just signed up with Chockstone, though I've been lurking for a little while now.

Just wanted to say that it's great that some climbers are interested in parkour (and offshoots such as yamakasi).
If anyone ever wants to meet and train parkour in Melbourne, I'm more than happy to join in (and to teach, if anybody is keen).
I've been climbing for a few years, but mainly buildings/trees and such. I've done a little bouldering, and I'm starting to go the walls at Burnley regularly now that they're open.
I've been training in parkour for about a year and a half.

Joshua
(GreenDream on the pkaus.com forums)

belayslave
30-May-2006
7:26:38 PM
PM'd you joshua

There are 14 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints