Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Havachatwithhexy... 20-Feb-2006 At 2:42:06 PM The HEX
...oh dear... this is the dude who managed to abseil down the South Face of Annapurna , on a short length of rope-tat ...... not easy when ur nursing a freshly broken arm ...

'...Jean-Christophe Lafaille
High-altitude mountaineer who repeatedly cheated death on his ever more audacious climbs

Jean-Christophe Lafaille, mountaineer: born Gap, France 31 March 1965; married (one son, one daughter); died Makalu, Nepal c27 January 2006.

On 31 January, when Jean-Christophe Lafaille had been missing for a week, his base-camp support team concluded that he must have perished in his attempt to make the first solo winter climb of an 8,000-metre mountain, the 8,485m Himalayan peak Makalu. Last Saturday his wife flew over the mountain by helicopter and confirmed that there was no longer any hope that he would be found alive...'
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

-------------------------------------------------
JCL on drytooling ...

'...I also adore the beauty of the lines of ice which stretch along the Alpine or Himalayan rock faces.
These imposing or ephemeral frozen pathways take me today up to the highest summits of the Himalayas where I am at my happiest.
More recently I’ve discovered dry tooling. This hybrid sport has been a revelation for me and a fantastic bridge between the winter world of ice climbing and sport climbing.
I’ve rediscovered everything I love in climbing: physical barriers, the continuity of effort with the possibility of continuing until one falls which contrasts with the essence of ice climbing.
I love being able to switch between ice and rock and I’ve always loved athletic climbs which go up impressive overhangs; dry tooling gives me all of that!...'

-------------------------------------------------

There are 2946 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints