Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Flying the flag for old people 18-Nov-2005 At 10:15:15 AM Nottobetaken
In these early days - it also helps to have a baby that is in the category of 'dreamer' rather than 'raver'. If you've got the former (which most people seemingly have - bastards!) - and thus the little man sleeps 21/24 hrs - then taking him to a bouldering crag shouldn't be an issue. Roped climbing of course is a tad more difficult - unless you also have a bunch of very good and understanding mates (thanks guys!) By your own admission though - it sounds like you don't have one of these 'comatose' infants (the type that sleeps through a plane crash - personally I attribute such behaviour to drugs) - so any outdoor venture in these early days in going to be problematic. Can I at this stage offer my condolences...

The answer? Wood. Get that wall built. It works wonders. Close to all amenities (a fridge) - and you probably won't even need one of those dodgy intercom systems! Yes - you'll become a full-time boulderer for the first couple of years - but then I don't think that will upset you too much! Once he's running amok - then a nice little dirty crag with a flat landing (and maybe a couple of goat-shit stained mattresses) will be the next step (no names mentioned!) By then you'll be limited to climbing 10m power routes (because you run out of steam after 12 moves) - but who wants to climb those 40m enduro-fests? Those sort of routes have always been for unemployed single people anyway.

All that said though here's the best piece of advice I can give you: Don't ever put him in a baby carrier and clip him into the 2nd bolt of your chosen project - thinking it will give you time to send that rig. Babies know the score - and if they feel like a piece of spare bagagge on the end of a cord - they'll let you, the people in the house 2kms away, and the hitchhiker in the opposite valley know about it. Don't go there man!

There are 66 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints