Shop
Chockstone Photography
Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Topic Date User
Campus board training 10-Nov-2005 At 10:41:31 AM manacubus
Thanks to Dalai who made me aware of a new moonclimbing.com campus training plan. Haven't tried it yet. I suspect it will be quite the destroyer. [edit: have now tried it and it is indeed quite the destroyer. Interestingly, the earlier excercises are hard (laddering and 1-4-7), and the later ones are a lot more doable (the touches). I suspect it will be a long time before I am able to complete the whole program entirely]

I built the following board at my house and have done a small amount of unstructured training on it.

When talking about records and stuff, it's hard to compare across boards because they all have variables which affect how easy it is to campus: 1) rung spacing 2) rung width 3) board angle. The angle and rung spacing of my board is a somewhat accepted standard, while the rungs are bigger (easier to hold) than most. I did this because my first board had stupidly small rungs and was very annoying, plus 35mm pine studs were on special that day.

My current goal on it is 1-4-7. I can touch 7 but not latch it, and only with my left hand pulling. [edit: can now do 1-4-7] My right is much weaker. I’m amazed at the concept of 1-5-9. When I do 1-5, I am fully extended with my bottom hand at the level of my nipple. I’m not moving anywhere from that position!

Oh yeah injuries. I seem to tweak something within 30 minutes on the board, at which time I stop and go and watch television. This strategy seems to be working so far.

There are 28 replies to this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Landscape Photos Australia

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | High Country Mountain Huts | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints